Dedicated Servers Solutions
A dedicated server is a server that is exclusively used by one organisation, as opposed to a shared server where several companies share the server’s administrative functions and security certificate. Extraordinary can set up a server entirely dedicated to your organisation. We’ll use our expertise to help you choose the server that best suits your needs.
Why choose a dedicated server?
It is not uncommon for several websites to share the same server however if your website needs a higher level of security, dedicated servers are definitely a better option. Websites requiring a unique security certificate or compliance with certain standards such as PCI/DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) will typically choose dedicated servers over shared servers. The same goes for organisations with custom software or specific database requirements that cannot be implemented on a shared server.
Outside of security and compliance, dedicated hosting also offers you more control over your website and ensures that access to your website won’t suffer from increased traffic on other websites.
Why HPE or Dell?
At Extraordinary we always want what’s best for you and carefully select all our partners.
That is why we exclusively offer HPE and Dell Servers. We believe HPE and Dell provide superior quality and reliability for both servicing and parts. As a well-established IT product provider, we trust HP and Dell as our partners of choice to deliver the world-class servers that we need to create the best hosting experience for you.
Two main models of HPE and Dell dedicated servers offered
According to your business requirements, you can choose from 2 main models of dedicated servers:
- HPE ProLiant DL360/DL380 Gen10
- Dell R640
HPE ProLiant DL360/DL380 Gen10
The HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 server delivers security, agility and flexibility without compromise. It supports the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor with up to a 60% performance gain1 and 27% increase in cores2, along with 2933 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory supporting up to 3.0 TB2 with an increase in performance of up to 82.3%
You can find more information on the HPE DL360/DL380 Gen10 series here.
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket, 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. The R640 combines density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density.
You can find more information on the Dell R640 series here.
What is included?
All Dedicated Servers include:
- 24/7 hardware support and repair with 3 hour SLA
- 24/7 hardware monitoring
- 24/7 phone support for service critical issues
- Remote reboot facility
- 1000 GB/month data transfer per server (usage above allowance charged at 10 pence per GB)
- Hosted in Interxion London City ISO27001 accredited datacentre
- Basic access control list firewalling
- As many IP addresses as you can provide technical justification for
- Your own IP subnet and public layer-3 VLAN
- Knowledgeable advice from our support team
Customers are responsible for the following:
- Operating system management and maintenance (including patching, unless optional patching service taken, see below)
- Software management and maintenance
- Backups (unless optional backup service taken, see below)
On top of your dedicated servers hosting, you might need additional features or managed services. At Extraordinary, we offer the following services to give you the opportunity to have the most comprehensive hosting solution possible:
- Microsoft licensing
- Windows patching
- Microsoft SQL patching
- Linux Operating System patching
- MySQL and MariaDB patching
- Veeam managed backups service
- Cisco or Juniper dedicated firewalls
- Edinburgh South Gyle Pulsant datacentre location option
- Servers at dual sites (London Interxion and Edinburgh South Gyle Pulsant - and inter-site circuits)
Pre-payment attracts the following discounts:
- 8% discount for 12 months pre-payment
- 3% discount for 6 months pre-payment
For alternative server configurations, options or management features including a full quotation please contact our sales team.
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum 12 month contract, thereafter month to month.
- All fees shown exclude VAT which will be applied at the current prevailing VAT rate.
- Fees payable monthly in advance.
- Subject to contract and detailed terms and conditions.
- Acceptable Use Policy applies.